Friday, January 2, 2015

Favorite things to cure the grumps

So, maybe this isn't true for everyone, but I feel like it can be rather easy to be grumpy, but it doesn't always feel easy to cure the grumpy. Same with sad. And I feel like it can be really easy for me to mope. But this is silly. I've been realizing that it can actually be easier than I sometimes feel it to be to cure the grumpiness. Some of these things I've done for years, but others I more recently discovered.

So, say I have plenty of time, like a few hours, here is what I'd do:
  • Go on a hike
  • Bake and share the baked goods, or go on secret missions (if you know me, you probably know what these entail, usually just doing the sharing but in secret)
  • Adventure with friends
What about if I only have one or two hours?
  • Work out
  • Watch Annie or a favorite movie or just any musical
  • Read (doesn't actually have to take one to two hours, but it's preferable for sure)
  • Cook
What if I only have 15 or 20 minutes?
  • I LOVE clips of soldiers coming home. They are the best! 
  • I enjoy clips from Ellen, but I don't as much love the celebrity ones. I love the ones where she gives gifts to funny kids or people who are kind and awesome.
  • Listen to scriptures
  • Play the piano
  • Listen to my favorite songs
     One bad thing about these ones are that it's really easy for the 15-20 minutes to turn into an hour. Really easy.

But what about when I only have one minute or so?
  • Googling pictures of seals. They are so cute! 
    • Exhibit A:
        
    • Not my own picture, from here: http://www.saawinternational.org/HarpSeal09.jpg?0.3153017738370411

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I loved this! This is a 100% Michelle blog post. All of these things are sure to pick you up. I can't do the soldier thing because I get so embarrassed when I sob uncontrollably afterward. But the others are such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete