Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valentine's Day

I've always been a big Valentine's Day fan. To me, it's not about celebrating romantic love necessarily--it's a day to celebrate all kinds of love! 

In honor of this view on Valentine's Day, here is a list of some things I love: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, dogs, youtube videos showing dogs doing cute things, cookies, random friendly texts, friends wanting to hang out, time spent with Adam, old Rascal Flatts songs, music that you can sing along to, smoothies, good food, cooking, flowers, my family, memories of my favorite place, knowing that a vacation is coming soon, books and time to spend reading, people who are passionate about things but in a kind manner, clean and punny and silly jokes.

This list is certainly not inclusive of all of the things I love, but it does include some things I've been thinking about recently 

This Valentine's Day was a little unusual for me because I'm actually dating someone. Adam and I went to Koko's Lunchbox for dinner and ate some delicious Korean food. Then we went to the dollar theater and saw Fantastic Beasts (for the third time because I love it). Then we just talked at my house for a little bit. I had told Adam not to get me anything because I know money is tight for him. But he got me some roses and dark chocolate anyway, and I think it is so sweet! What a sweetie! 

I will say that I did miss some aspects of my traditional Valentine's days, which typically include eating and playing games with friends. I may lean slightly on the introvert side, but I love spending time with friends immensely, and I miss friends. However, that being said, tonight was a dream, and I love spending time with Adam. He brings me joy. 

And even though it's now technically over, happy Valentine's Day, friends! I love you lots! 

No comments:

Post a Comment