Friday, March 17, 2017

That Glorious Time Called Spring

Guys. Guys!

It's spring! The sun is shining! Flowers are blooming! Waking up is easier! I love spring!

I feel like every year I am startled by how much easier it is for me to be happy when spring arrives. And I am by no means a winter hater. In fact, I adore winter. I think it is beautiful and fun and poetic. It's a beautiful time to set goals and slow down and remember your dreams. But it sure is a lot harder for me to feel happy in winter. And I try. I think that, for the most part, I have a measure of control over happiness, but there are just times when it feels so much easier. When spring arrives, I feel like I've awoken from a gloomy dream. I am able to get over unhappy things more quickly because I can't feel mad or sad or gloomy or glum when I feel the world going from gray to green, at least not for long. I'll miss the snow, which is one of my favorite things, but I sure do love green.

I think I said last year that I felt spring might be replacing fall as my favorite season. And I think right now I'm making it official. Spring is my favorite season. It is hopeful and joyous. (I reserve the right to change my favorite at any future point, however.)


No comments:

Post a Comment