Thursday, October 3, 2013

Encounters

Someone has been on my mind a lot this week. Someone who used to be a best friend. And a song just came on that we both loved. I have been wondering if he's doing well and whether he's been able to overcome some struggles he had and whether he is happy. I hope he is. I've been thinking about how I'm different from how I was then. And also how I'm the same. But I also have been thinking about how that friendship changed me. I'm sure I can't see it all, but I can see some of the change. And I hope that I had a positive influence on his life.

I don't think everyone will agree with me, but I feel like every single person we encounter, whether for half a second or 80 years, makes an impact. I feel like there is so much I can do to help others. I sometimes feel like I need to be positive 24/7 so that I can help others feel happy, but I don't think that is actually the case. I think I need to be true to myself in both the stressful, unhappy times and the peaceful, happy times.

So I'm doing the best I can in my lovely life. And I hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment